The Pirate party supports an effective usage of ITC both inside the government and in the relation to the citizens. E-government will spare costs and ease the communication with institutions for those who will decide to use it.
The fundamental principles of e-government are:
- Institutional independence on location. In the same way you can run all errands with one clerk in the bank, we propose the possibility of making all of your agenda at CzechPoint. Nowadays we have to visit several departments and offices.
- Communication on the Internet. We will make the administrative agenda accessible in a unified public administration internet portal. Eg. citizens will get the possibility to claim occupation of public space on an interactive map, without the need to visit several offices. A system of feedback will be created in the public administration portal for public objections to regulations.
- Digital identity. The fundamental prerequisite for the e-government is a working identity verification system for Internet communication with public administration. One of the available options will be an e-ID with e-signature made free of charge.
- Proactive authority. The public institutions should try to deal with problems of the citizens in highest possible measure even without their own initiative (eg. automatically issuing identification documents). After logging into the portal of the public administration, the citizen gets a complete overview of their requests, the progress of other official procedures and further important notices.
- Professional and standardized publishing of documents. Similar to administration in Germany, a unified professional look of documents will be a part of official templates. Thanks to unified templates and free formats complying with Open Data standard, the decisions will be processed faster and automatically made public in compliance with the Free Information Access Act, according to the model of transparent organization.
We realize at the same time the new challenges that e-government brings, especially in the area of privacy protection and data security. Except compliance with high security standards we emphasize these fields:
- Free software. The Pirate party promotes the free software because it is more secure, easy to integrate with other programs and accessible to a wide community of developers and users. Our ambition is a state providing free software to fulfill all administratively extensive obligations which it demands (taxes, accounting, work records etc.).
- Privacy. We propose making available all official forms electronically. They will be pre-filled, thanks to basic registers, with maximum of personal information. The citizen will gain a right to know who exactly was accessing their personal information stored by the public administration.
- Education of users. We want to develop the computer literacy of the users, which is just as important as the security of the systems. The place to do so is in the schools, retraining courses and interaction with public authorities.
After successful implementation of e-government it will be possible to prepare and, after a thorough testing, run electronic elections, which are an important prerequisite for the effective functioning of direct democracy.