The general election in the Czech Republic is coming soon and we need all the help we can gather. Therefore we are holding a Pirate Conference in Prague. Amelia Andersdotter is coming, so we are hoping to get some media attention as well, but there should be more to the event.
Any pirate is welcome! Unfortunately we cannot cover your expenses on food and accommodation, however we will arrange it all for you if you wish. We can also offer a limited number of couch-surfing spots in the homes of pirates from Prague and their friends.
May 21–23, 2010
Prague (Praha), Czech Republic
- Get to know each other
- Compare how different pirate parties are organised
- Exchange experience, especially regarding approaching media and campaigning
- Discuss and plan future international cooperation
Arrival, checking in, social event starting 19:30
We start at 9:30, at the conference location.
Introducing of the participating parties; participants from each pirate party should prepare a brief introduction of their party it should cover following topics
- Under what circumstances was the party set up (as a response to what) and how did it go
- How is your party organized - describe the internal structure
- Landmarks in your parties history
Following these presentations we will discuss ideas and experiences about running an operational and democratic pirate party.
Ideas for discussion:
- how to motivate volunteers
- how to deal with deadlines
- how do we get people from the outside involved
12:30 - 14:00 lunch
14:00 - 17:00
Please prepare short presentations of biggest media successes of your respective parties
Other topics to cover if we have time:
- comparing programs of different pirate parties, finding what we share
- international campaigns (e.g. against ACTA)
- how can we help each other
19:00 - ?
Dinner + social event, it will be possible to watch the Champions league final for those who want to.
9:30 - 12:00
Smaller discussion groups for those interested
12:00 - 13:30 - Lunch
14:00 - disembarkation on the shore of Vltava. There will be at least three pirate boats, it should be a memorable event to watch and participate in followed with a pirate demonstration in the Prague's “Hyde Park”.
Around 20 Euro per night in a hotel, around 10 Euro per meal (it will be significantly less if we make a joint order)
Apply preferably by the 13th of May Mikuláš Ferjenčík. I will be most likely present at the Party Congress of the PPDE, so with some of you I can discuss the details in person there.
See you in Prague!
Mikulas Ferjencik, vice-president of PPCZ